In my last post, I showed a commercial quilt panel with a winter dog motif and yardage from my Spoonflower.com site, "StarPower" and talked about deconstructing the quilt panel and creating something new.
Here's the finished quilt, "Winter Pups".
I added fussy cut stars, strips from my stash of of left over 2 1/2 inch strips, removed printed words I didn't want, and rearranged the sections of the printed quilt panel. Here's a photo of the original panel for comparison.
The original quilt panel
The quilting was lots of fun. I did some echo quilting around the designs from the quilt panel, some straight walking foot quilting and swirls around the 8 pointed stars. The back is the "StarPower" fabric.
The finished quilt is a bit larger than the original panel, brighter, just happy and lots of fun!