The irony that I was working on my "Snow Melt" quilt on a day when it was snowing (again!) was not lost on me! But the the silk screened of crocus card that I made years ago, tucked into my ruler stand, added a hopeful feeling to the day!
Here are a couple of pictures of the quilt top and back. I can't decide which I like better! It was very windy the day I took these photos. The only place I could keep the fabric still was draped over the deck railing facing the wind.
Part of the quilting I'm doing on this project is grid work. I've used an pastel sea green thread for most of the stitching. At the moment I'm adding diagonal quilting with yellow thread--sun beams!
My diagonal yellow stitching extends over 1/3 of the quilt. I used painter's tape to mark the first line of diagonal quilting. Additional lines of quilting are stitched using the marking lines on my walking foot, following the first line of diagonal stitching. The painter's tape works really well. It doesn't leave any sticky residue. However I wouldn't put the tape on a quilt and leave it there for more than a day. I've read that masking tape will leave a residue of glue on the fabric so make sure you use only use painter's tape.
Here's a photo of diagonal quilting using painter's tape as a marking line on the "Early Birds" quilt that I just completed.
I'll keep you posted on my progress!