Here's my "Dogs at the Farmer's Market, Fat Quarter Friendly Quilt."
Getting fabric I designed and printed at Spoonflower.com was a thrill. Making a quilt using my very own "fabric collection" was just so much fun!
This quilt is my original design. I have included the traditional "Mississippi" star block, found in the Block Library of Electric Quilt 7, to help unify the fussy cut blocks. I wanted to create a pattern that could make a quilt just using a single fat quarter (FQ) of the focus fabric. I used all the fabrics in my "Dogs at the Farmer's Market Collection", but this quilt could be made with just 1 FQ of the focus fabric, 1 FQ of the Blueberries and Flowers and 1 FQ of the Cherries on Light Blue with the addition of solids and/or fabrics from your stash.
The solid color fabrics used in the quilt are all Kona® Cotton solids. Here are the Kona® colors which coordinate well with the Dogs at the Farmers Market Collection.
Kona® color and number Color best with:
- Periwinkle 1285 (medium blue) entire collection
- Surf 32 (light royal) entire collection
- Alegria 405 (peacock blue) cherries on darker blue, less good with collection
- Cayenne 355 (deep red) entire collection
- Cinnamon 1075 (reddish brown) Springer Spaniel and Terrier
- Amber 1479 (deep gold) Springer Spaniel and Terrier
- Cappuccino 406 (brown) Springer Spaniel and Terrier
- Creamsicle 185 (peach) Golden Retriever, Coneflowers but looks with everything
- Primrose 274 (pink) coneflowers
- Lime 1192 (medium green) entire collection
- Palm 31 (deep green) entire collection
- Sunflower 353 (bright deep yellow) entire collection
- Silver 1333 (light grey) entire collection, Pointer
- Graphite 295 (medium grey) entire collection, Pointer and Big Black Dog
I used 1 yard of the focus fabric on the back (not the full WOF) with a strip of Creamsicle Kona® cotton and another of my Coneflower design. Because dogs on the front of the quilt are all fussy-cut, I wanted to show the entire scene at the Farmer's Market on the back!
I haven't written instructions for this quilt pattern but if you would like to make one for yourself, leave me a comment and I will write up the pattern.
If you would like to purchase any of these fabrics, you may do so at Dogs At the Farmers Market, Spoonflower.com. If you click on the "Collection" in the Right hand bar, another window will open with large swatches of all the fabrics. Spoonflower offers a wide variety of base fabrics to choose from. I printed on Kona® since I was that fabric I used for my solid colors.
In my next post I'll show some quick and fun projects. I will include the cutting directions for those projects.