As promised last week, here's one of the two quilts I designed using the blocks from a New Year's Day Mystery quilt which I didn't end up making.
This is the second of the two quilts I made. I had a stack of blocks left over after completing the first quilt (to be shown at a later date) so had to come up with a design with what I had. It took a while to get the design balanced but I really like the end result!
This quilt has all the fabrics I had put together as a collection. They have probably been in my stash for at least 5 years. At the time, I'd just made a quilt using similar colors and didn't choose to make another like it then. But I've always liked the fabrics.
The quilt backing is another vintage stash fabric--a very soft fabric, grey with little white polka dots. Altogether a very satisfying project!