In my April 5, 2018, posts I promised to show a couple revised 8" Waldorf type dolls. These two dolls have larger heads than first 8" doll I made. I think the slightly larger head, 5-5 1/2 inches looks a lot better on this size doll. The first one I made had a head just under 5 inches in diameter.
The pattern is the traditional limbed doll found in Maricristin Sealey's book, Making Waldorf Dolls, Creative Doll-Making with Children. I copied the pattern and decreased it to 70% original size with the scanner on my printer. The author does give very good information about the head size for the patterns in the book. But when I decreased the pattern size, decreasing the head size by 30% was just a tad too much. That's why I increased the head size when I made these dolls.
Here's another 8" doll I made. This doll has her arms sewn on with the seams top and bottom on the arm. Her arms are always outstretched. The doll above has arms sewn on with seams medially, front and back. Her arms hang more naturally. It's interesting to see what a difference that small change makes. I happen to like the arms both ways.
The pink hair is a mix of a variegated pink/natural/lavender yarn and two other pink yarns. This was fun, but I'll probably stick with more natural hair colors!