It's (finally) done: My 2017 year-long Scrappy Block Project! Every month last year I sewed 2-3 improv blocks from two bags of odd scraps I had collected. At the end of the year I had 30 blocks that were 12 1/2 inches square.
I set the improv blocks between rows of blue and white blocks which were "orphans" from another quilt which I never made. The result is a bit wacky, but this is a quilt that is going to be used and definitely not too precious for the dogs for the dogs to sleep on it!!
The quilting is as improvisational as the blocks themselves! I took my clues for the quilting from the composition and the fabrics in each block. The quilting is a mix of straight line walking foot stitching and free motion quilting. It seemed to take forever!! But I had a good laugh when I was done and put it on a bed....I'd forgotten how big this quilt is! I had thought I was quilting a twin size quilt, when reality it's a good size queen! No wonder the quilting seemed never ending!!
Here are a couple of close-ups of the free-motion quilting in this project.