I spent the Dog Days of July, when it was too hot and humid to move much (or quilt anything!), making several dolls.
I've noticed that children play with my 10 inch Waldorf Type Baby doll as if she were an older child even though she has the bowed arms and legs of a baby. Over the past couple years, I've drafted an extensive wardrobe of clothes for this particular doll, most of them not really baby clothes. It made sense to try and change the baby's pattern to make an older looking doll.
So that's what I did. In the new pattern, the arms have been straightened some and the legs are much straighter and the feet turned so they face forwards.
I altered the neck a bit in the new doll and inadvertently the torso became a half inch longer. That meant the dress patterns for the baby doll were just a bit too short for the new doll. It's easy enough to lengthen a dress, but I've adjusted the child pattern so next time I make one it will be exactly the same size as the baby.
I did have a bit of trouble sewing on the arms of this doll. Her left arm is better than her right. But she's a prototype, so I'm okay with that.
It's so fun to have a new doll that already has a whole wardrobe of clothes patterns that will fit her!