Here's my "Dogs at the Farmer's Market, Fat Quarter Friendly Quilt."
Getting fabric I designed and printed at Spoonflower.com was a thrill. Making a quilt using my very own "fabric collection" was just so much fun!
This quilt is my original design. I have included the traditional "Mississippi" star block, found in the Block Library of Electric Quilt 7, to help unify the fussy cut blocks. I wanted to create a pattern that could make a quilt just using a single fat quarter (FQ) of the focus fabric. I used all the fabrics in my "Dogs at the Farmer's Market Collection", but this quilt could be made with just 1 FQ of the focus fabric, 1 FQ of the Blueberries and Flowers and 1 FQ of the Cherries on Light Blue with the addition of solids and/or fabrics from your stash.
The solid color fabrics used in the quilt are all Kona® Cotton solids. Here are the Kona® colors which coordinate well with the Dogs at the Farmers Market Collection.
Kona® color and number Color best with:
- Periwinkle 1285 (medium blue) entire collection
- Surf 32 (light royal) entire collection
- Alegria 405 (peacock blue) cherries on darker blue, less good with collection
- Cayenne 355 (deep red) entire collection
- Cinnamon 1075 (reddish brown) Springer Spaniel and Terrier
- Amber 1479 (deep gold) Springer Spaniel and Terrier
- Cappuccino 406 (brown) Springer Spaniel and Terrier
- Creamsicle 185 (peach) Golden Retriever, Coneflowers but looks with everything
- Primrose 274 (pink) coneflowers
- Lime 1192 (medium green) entire collection
- Palm 31 (deep green) entire collection
- Sunflower 353 (bright deep yellow) entire collection
- Silver 1333 (light grey) entire collection, Pointer
- Graphite 295 (medium grey) entire collection, Pointer and Big Black Dog
I used 1 yard of the focus fabric on the back (not the full WOF) with a strip of Creamsicle Kona® cotton and another of my Coneflower design. Because dogs on the front of the quilt are all fussy-cut, I wanted to show the entire scene at the Farmer's Market on the back!